BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 5, 2010

Courage


“Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow.”
 (Radmacher, Mary Anne)

 Letting go of all fear, facing your fear, enabling yourself to face danger, willing to take a risk, and holding your head high is courage. Putting yourself out there for everyone to see who you are, is bravery. Never let the opinion of others scare you from being who you really are. Everyday each person grows, and at the end of that day wether they see it or not, they have gained a small ounce of courage.

 Bravery is an example of "courage". There has been a moment through out every persons life were they have had to mount some courage to overcome an obstacle, goal or even a disaster. Bravery for me personally, is being okay with putting yourself at risk. Wether that is physically, or mentally. Firemen and policemen show their courage everyday, by helping other's, and putting other's before themselves. Every person has their own individual way of showing courage or having courage. It does not matter if your tall, short, big, small, ugly, pretty, young, old, every person has courage.

 I show courage everyday, mentally and physically. At times it is difficult to show to courage, but I have learned that if you don't show that bravery and courage you have deep down, people will walk all over you, they will take you for granted. Being that I am only sixteen years old, I have yet to be out in the real world and experience what it is like to have "real" courage. Growing up I was never faced with many issues or problems because I have parent's and family that always protected me.

 One person that I know who has courage, is my mother. She's such a strong, confident, independent woman who I look up to. You will never see her give up on something she believes in. My mother will do whatever it takes to protect me. She wanted to give me all the thing's she didn't have growing up. Growing up my mother was poor. She didn't have a very stable family. Both her mother and father were alcoholic's who were never really supportive. My mother grew up seeing her drunk parent's physically fight. She grew up seeing her uncle shoot up in the bathroom.

 When my mom got older and more mature she knew that she wasn't going to end up like her mother or father. She wanted to do good, for herself. School was my mother's main priority. Throughout my mom's four years of high school, she maintained a 3.8 average GPA. Having to focus on school, go home to an unstable enviorment with violent parents my mom gained so much courage from it all and looked past all the difficult obstacles. I can truly say I admire her for all she has been through.

 Wether it's the past or present, you gain courage. Everyone gains their courage in a different way. It may be your first day of kindergarden, or you may be a struggling single parent, no matter what the situation might be, courage is what you gain in the end. You become a little stronger with every obstacle you are faced with. You have to learn to never give up. Always have faith. Courage is all it takes to make it where you want to be.


To live with fear and not be afraid is the final test of maturity.
(Weeks, Edward)

0 comments: